Thursday 12 February 2015

Revelation 7 The promise of salvation

Some may find this chapter of Revelations a little scary -and I admit it can be. It is that degree of uncertainty that Jesus will recognize us as his servant and not as a common sinner that will perish when this prophesy comes to fruition. I cannot go into this chapter without clearing up something that I constantly battle with myself. Accepting God's promise of salvation, and hoping that my sins are not so great as to lose God's love. Remember, God loves greater than all of us. Stop doing things that you have to be sorry for later. Commit your life to God, it is a constant battle, God knows that. While your right hand is praying, try to not let your left hand be sinning. Romans 7 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!...I found this explanation from 'Love Worth Finding Ministries' it almost brought me to tears, because this is my desire to be saved. God has transformed my heart... it has been a process... but he has. Read this to understand what the Bible says about gaining salvation. When the Bible says “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved,” believe means to have trust in, to commit to, or cleave to. You trust fully in and commit your life to this truth. You can “believe” that the next train will take you to Poughkeepie. But until you get on that train and entrust yourself to it, to take you to Poughkeepsie, you haven’t “believed,” in the Biblical sense.By WHAT MEANS Are You Saved?If salvation depended on our own efforts, we would be in trouble. Ephesians 2:8-9 makes it abundantly clear:“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”By what are we saved?Self cannot save. Works cannot save. It is the GRACE of God through our faith in Christ.You cannot save yourself by “being good.” I can't trust the best fifteen minutes I ever lived to get me into heaven. God isn't Santa Claus, mak­ing a list and checking it twice to find out who's naughty or nice. He isn't weighing your good works against your bad works. You will never experience assurance if you depend on your actions.Most people are counting on their good works in the end to tip the scales in their favor. That's why they don't have salvation: they are counting on their works!You are dead in your sins if you don't know Christ, and a long list of good works won't balance the scales, because we aren't saved by works but by grace.A CLOSER LOOK AT GRACEGrace is the unmerit­ed love and favor God shows to sinners.Grace is what makes God love us when we are unlovely. He doesn't love you for what you've done, He loves you out of grace.Grace is the hand of God reaching down out of heaven. He says, “I love you; I want to save you.When you put your hand of faith in God's hand of grace, that's salvation.Now, let's get into Chapter 7...There were four angels protecting the servants of God before four other angels who were given athority to let the winds bring distruction. The plea by the protective angel was not to let harm come to the servants of God, a seal needed to be placed on their forehead to protect them. Then there were 144,000 people who were from the tribes of Israel who needed to be sealed, and a great multitude that no one could count from every nation wearing white robe. Voices cried out that salvation belongs to God and the Lamb. All of the angels, elders, and animals fell down to worship God. Although this is all important, this part should not be summarized so that you can get a better idea of who will be saved. Revelation 7:13-1713 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.15 Therefore,“they are before the throne of God    and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne    will shelter them with his presence.16 ‘Never again will they hunger;    never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat down on them,’[a]    nor any scorching heat.17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne    will be their shepherd;
‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’[b]    ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’[c]I hope that helped someone... maybe myself too...

No comments:

Post a Comment